Monday, November 2, 2009

Auto-Pilot

Habakkuk 3:17-19 (The Message) Though the cherry trees don’t blossom and the strawberries don’t ripen,Though the apples are worm-eaten and the wheat fields stunted,Though the sheep pens are sheepless and the cattle barns empty,I’m singing joyful praise to God.I’m turning cartwheels of joy to my Savior God.Counting on God’s Rule to prevail, I take heart and gain strength.

I totally just stole those from "Annie", a blogger I don't even know, but I love what those verses say, in that version.

I have felt a little, no, a lot sheepless lately. Well, for about 10 months or so. I mean, I'm not in a bad place at all. Life is so great, and God has blessed me with so very much - but it's been one of those times in life where you find yourself on Auto-Pilot. And auto-pilot seems so easy, it's hard to take yourself off of it. But, we all know what happened a few days ago with those pilots actually on auto-pilot - Did you hear about them? They were on their laptops while "flying" a passenger plane, checking out their retirement investments and totally forgot to land. Oops.

What they were doing wasn't BAD, in fact they were looking ahead to the future and making sure things were in order for themselves financially, but they completely took their focus off their job at hand.

What is my job at hand? What have I been missing by being on auto-pilot? Well, I'm hesitantly about to switch the toggle to off - or my finger is upon it - it's scary, isn't it?!?! But I don't want to miss the beautiful sunset in front of the plane windshield, or the runway that I'm supposed to land on beneath me. I don't want that kind of oops in my life!



I want some sheep in my field. Even if they run amuck and I have to chase them, or I step in their poo by accident (yeah, I just said poo in my blog!) - I still want the sheep. But they take work.

A good place to start will be to acknowledge all the amazing things He has orchestrated in my life these past 12 months.

Psalm 9: 1-2, 10 - I will thank You, LORD, with all my heart; I will tell of all the marvelous things You have done. I will be filled with joy because of You. I will sing praises to Your name, O Most High, for You, O LORD, have never abandoned anyone who searches for You.

Sweet God - I'm counting on Your word there - I'm searchin' - are You lookin' for me! I know You are - You've missed me haven't You. I've missed You too...

all of me, for only You
sharon

1 comment:

amy said...

Hey friend!

Thanks for sharing the blog with me. I always need more to fuel my addiction :-) I also read AnnieBlogs. Don't know her, and not sure how I linked there?? Isn't that funny? I especially like reading people that I actually know, though. Loved what you had to say. I, too, know that place. Wouldn't say that I am in auto-pilot exactly, but not exactly sure how I would describe this place. The Lord has been speaking into me, too, that it is time to remember what He has done in my life and be thankful. I want to take intentional time for that each day, but haven't been doing the best job. Hope I get to actually see you sometime soon. It's been WAY too long!